|Type of Motor||Thunder Stroke™ 111|
|Displacement||1811 cc (111 cu in)|
|Bore x Stroke||101mm x 113mm (3,976" x 4,449")|
|Electronic Fuel Injection System||Closed loop fuel injection / 54mm bore|
|Peak Torque RPM||2600 rpm|
|Peak Torque (95/1/EC Nm)||138,9 Nm (102,4 ft-lbs)|
|Primary Drive||Gear Drive Wet Clutch|
Gear Ratio (Overall)
|1st||9,403 : 1|
|2nd||6,411 : 1|
|3rd||4,763 : 1|
|4th||3,796 : 1|
|5th||3,243 : 1|
|6th||2,789 : 1|
|Final Drive||2,2 : 1|
|Suspension: Front - Type/Travel||Telescopic Fork/119 mm (4,7 in) - 46mm cartridge forks with dual rate springs|
|Brakes/Front||Dual / Floating Rotor / 4 Piston Caliper|
|Suspension: Rear - Type/Travel||Single Shock / 94 mm|
|Brakes/Rear||Single / Floating Rotor / 2 Piston Caliper|
|Tyres/Front||Dunlop® American Elite 130/90B16 67H|
|Tyres/Rear||Dunlop® American Elite 180/65B16 81H|
|Wheels||40 Spoke 16" x 3.5" Front and 16" x 5" Rear|
|Exhaust System||Split dual exhaust w/ cross-over|
|Length||2630 mm (103,5 in)|
|Width (Intl)||1010.9 mm|
|Seat Height||660.4 mm|
|Ground Clearance||140 mm|
|Fuel Capacity||20,8 LITRES|
|Weight (empty tank / full of fuel)||354 kg / 370 kg (778 lbs / 812 lbs)|
|GVWR||573 kgs (1260 lbs)|
|Available Colours||Thunder Black, Indian Motorcycle® Red, Springfield Blue|
|Standard Equipment||ABS - - Cast Aluminum Frame with Integrated Air-Box - - Cruise Control - - Keyless Start - - Light Bar - - Premium Leather Seats|
|Electric||Tank mounted electronic speedometer with odometer, dual tripmeters, digital tachometer, ambient air temperature, fuel range, average fuel economy, battery voltage, gear position display, real-time clock, vehicle trouble code readout, heated grip level (if heated grips installed), low engine oil pressure, and 9 LED telltale indicators, cruise control enabled, cruise control set, neutral, high beam, turn signal, ABS, check engine, and MPH or km/h unit designation; Tank mounted electronic fuel gauge with low fuel LED indicator|
|Coverage||Every new model Indian Motorcycle comes with a standard 2 year unlimited kilometer warranty plus the added assurance of premium Indian Motorcycle roadside assistance for the term of the warranty.|
Standard - Yet Special Features
1 / 4
- Thunder Stroke™ 111 The new Thunder Stroke™ 111 engine delivers an incredible 138.9 Nm (102.4 ft-lbs) of torque and features styling that pays tribute to legendary Indian Motorcycle® engines of the past.
- Keyless Enjoy keyless starting that’s secure and convenient. With the Indian® Chief® Classic key fob in your pocket, climb on the bike, push a button and ride. If you misplace the fob, use the individual security code that you pre-programmed into the ignition.
- Extensive Chrome Virtually every surface that could be chromed has been chromed. From end to end, the beautiful, bright chrome finish elevates the iconic style of the Indian® Chief® Classic.
- 2-Year Warranty/Roadside Assistance Every new model Indian Motorcycle comes with a standard 2 year unlimited kilometer warranty plus the added assurance of premium Indian Motorcycle roadside assistance for the term of the warranty.
Classic Iconic Features
1 / 6
- Indian Motorcycle® Badging One of the classic elements of an Indian Motorcycle® is the vintage badging. Ever since the Indian® script logo was first created in 1910, and Indian Motorcycle® Red became the standard Indian Motorcycle® colour in 1912, these features have made the Indian Motorcycle® badging a hallmark of this historic brand.
- War Bonnet Lighting the way as it has done since 1947 is the iconic War Bonnet. Mounted proudly atop the front fender in a chrome frame, this light makes it clear, “This is a genuine Indian Motorcycle®.”
- Valenced Fenders Stylish, elegant and functional, the iconic valenced fenders, standard since 1940, enhance the flowing styling lines of every Indian Motorcycle®. They also provide protection, effectively blocking road spray and gravel kicked up by the tyres.
- Brake Caliper Covers Every Indian® Chief® Classic is equipped with outstanding brakes, and in keeping with our traditional styling, we choose to cover the calipers. The result is a clean, stylish, beautifully finished sheet metal - iconic Indian Motorcycle® valenced fenders.
- Center Console Chief® Classic instrumentation combines modern technology and traditional style. The tank-mounted console has a large, easy-to-read analog speedometer as well as a digital display screen that provides a wealth of valuable ride and fuel data.
- Laced Wheels The Indian® Chief® Classic rolls on bright, high quality laced wheels. Sixty chrome-finished spokes make up the wheels, which evoke iconic, timeless Indian Motorcycle® style.
Comfort with Style
1 / 5
- Stage 1 Slip-On Exhaust Add the Stage 1 Slip-On Exhaust and enjoy a rich, throaty exhaust note that provides the perfect soundtrack for the open road. This exhaust system allows the Thunder Stroke™ 111 motorcycle engine to breath more freely and unleash additional power and crisp throttle response.
- Fishtail Exhaust Tips It’s easy to give your Indian Motorcycle® a major infusion of custom style with a set of Fishtail Exhaust Tips. These motorcycle exhaust tips fit on all Stage 1 Slip-On Exhaust pipes and feature timeless American cruiser motorcycle styling.
- Quick Release Windscreen Quick Release technology makes it easy for an Indian Motorcycle® rider to add the comfort and protection of this Low Windscreen to an Indian® Chief® Cruiser motorcycle in seconds - without tools.
- Quick Release Passenger Backrest Provide your passenger with a strong, secure, comfortable backrest in just seconds by adding this Standard Height Quick Release Passenger Backrest to an Indian® motorcycle. The backrest’s Quick Release technology lets you install or remove the entire backrest in seconds - without tools!
- Pinnacle Cover Collection Enhance the custom treatment of your Indian Motorcycle® by adding the Pinnacle Cover Collection to your bike. Each Horn Cover, cam cover and primary cover features branding and graphic and gives the motorcycle a clean, finished custom look.