IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING YOUR CONSUMER RIGHTS
The benefits given to you in this Indian Motorcycle Warranty are in addition to, and do not detract from, any rights and remedies that you may have under Australian consumer protection laws.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
This Indian Motorcycle Warranty is not intended to:
- change or exclude any statutory consumer rights that cannot be lawfully changed or excluded; or
- limit or exclude any right you have against the person who sold the Indian Motorcycle to you if that person has breached their sales contract with you.
PROVIDER OF THE INDIAN MOTORCYCLE WARRANTY
This Indian Motorcycle Warranty is provided by:
Polaris Sales Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 62088081949) of Locked Bag 2006, Sunshine Post Shop, Sunshine, Victoria, Australia, 3030, telephone number 0353304710 and email email@example.com for Indian Motorcycle Motorcycles purchased in Australia; and
Indian Motorcycle warrants that if:
- any genuine Indian Motorcycle part in your Indian Motorcycle is found to be defective in materials or workmanship during the relevant Warranty Period, the defect in materials or workmanship will, at Indian Motorcycle's option, be rectified or the affected part(s) replaced free of charge by an Authourised Indian Motorcycle Dealer, subject to the conditions and exclusions set out in this Indian Motorcycle Warranty;
- any genuine Indian Motorcycle accessories (fitted to your Indian Motorcycle on or after the date of delivery) are found to be defective in materials or workmanship during the relevant Warranty Period, the defect in materials or workmanship will, at Indian Motorcycle's option, be rectified or the affected accessories replaced free of charge by an Authourised Indian Motorcycle Dealer, subject to the conditions and exclusions set out in this Indian Motorcycle Warranty; and
Where any genuine Indian Motorcycle parts or accessories are repaired or replaced under this Indian Motorcycle Warranty, this does not activate a new Warranty Period from the date of repair or replacement of that part or accessory. Any repaired or replacement Indian Motorcycle parts or accessories will continue to be covered by this Indian Motorcycle Warranty for the remainder of the original Warranty Period, as defined below.
All defective parts removed from your Indian Motorcycle remain the property of Indian Motorcycle.
Indian Motorcycle reserves the right to conduct all reasonably necessary tests on your Indian Motorcycle to determine the cause of any defect or damage.
This Indian Motorcycle Warranty shall start from the date the sale of the Indian Motorcycle is registered by the Authourised Indian Motorcycle Dealer with Indian Motorcycle (being the date referred to in the Warranty Registration Form) (Warranty Start Date) and shall continue as follows:
- Indian Motorcycle = 2 years
- Genuine Indian Motorcycle Accessories (fitted to the Indian Motorcycle at date of delivery) = 2 years
- Genuine Indian Motorcycle Accessories (fitted to the Indian Motorcycle after the date of delivery) = 1 year
The copy of the Warranty Registration Form provided to you by your Authourised Indian Motorcycle Dealer at the time of purchase contains the Warranty Start Date. The Warranty Start Date may be earlier or later than the date you purchased the Indian Motorcycle or the date of delivery of your Indian Motorcycle from your Authourised Indian Motorcycle Dealer. If you have purchased a Indian Motorcycle that was used as a demonstrator, then the Warranty Period may have started or expired before the Indian Motorcycle was sold to you. Check with your Authourised Indian Motorcycle Dealer for further details.
Where any genuine Polaris parts or accessories are repaired or replaced under this Polaris Warranty, this does not activate a new Warranty Period from the date of repair or replacement of that part or accessory. Any repaired or replacement Polaris parts or accessories will continue to be covered by this Polaris Warranty for the remainder of the relevant Warranty Period.
Roadside Assistance provides coverage which includes the specific services as detailed below.
Once a call is received, either from Your home or on the road, a mobile service is immediately despatched to the scene to rectify, on the spot, the following difficulties;
- FLAT BATTERY - Jump start Motor Bike
- FLAT TYRE - Transport Motor Bike to home address or place of repair.
- OUT OF FUEL - Supply minimum of 5 litres (unleaded) fuel, to be paid for by rider.
- BREAKDOWN - If Your Motor Bike is unable to be quickly mechanically repaired or safely ridden due to mechanical failure, the Motor Bike, including the rider, will be transported to a nominated service centre or owners home address. In a situation where the breakdown occurs on a trip or holiday, we would transport the Motor Bike to the nearest service centre or mechanical repair facility. If after hours, arrangements can be made to store the Motor Bike and transport when the service centre or repair facility is open.
- GENERAL ASSISTANCE - We will relay urgent messages to family, friends and business associates, likely to be concerned by disruption or delay. We will also arrange for alternative transport in the case of a major breakdown or accident ie. taxi (cost at riders expense).
- FREE TOW SERVICE - 100km metropolitan or 200km rural. Service for roadside response and breakdown applies on a NATIONAL basis. Excess kilometres are charged at the recommended industry rates.
- CAR HIRE AND ACCOMMODATION - In the event of a major mechanical failure, whilst more than 100kms from your registered residence, which sidelines your Motor Bike for longer than 48hrs, we will assist with car rental and emergency accommodation costs. (Excluding fuel, km and admin charges, insurance and meals). On submission of the account, (excluding petrol, km and admin charges, insurance and meals) together with a copy of the repair bill, we will cover up to $400.00 per claim.
- AMBULANCE COVER - In the event of an accident where the registered Motor Bike is involved, and the driver or passengers require the services of an ambulance as a result of that accident, we will assist with the ambulance fees. On submission of the account together with a copy of the ambulance bill, we will cover up to $400.00 per claim.
- Motor Bikes used for hire, reward or rental.
- Motor Bikes located off Public Roads (other than private residence).
- Motor Bikes operated by non-Australian residents.
- Unregistered Motor Bikes.
- Motor Bikes that require specialist equipment for removal, extraction from multi-storey or underground car parks, are bogged or are not within easy reach of a public road.
- Motor Bikes which have been involved in an accident/collision or have sustained damage due to impact, slashed tyres, malicious or criminal damage and/or flood damage. These incidents should be referred to relevant emergency services, police or insurance company.