|Engine Type||Thunder Stroke™ 111|
|Displacement||1811 cc (111 cu in)|
|Bore x Stroke||101mm x 113mm (3,976" x 4,449")|
|Electronic Fuel Injection||Closed loop fuel injection / 54mm bore|
|Peak Torque RPM||2600 rpm|
|Peak Torque (95/1/EC Nm)||138,9 Nm (102,4 ft-lbs)|
|Primary Drive||Gear Drive Wet Clutch|
Gear Ratio (Overall)
|1st||9,403 : 1|
|2nd||6,411 : 1|
|3rd||4,763 : 1|
|4th||3,796 : 1|
|5th||3,243 : 1|
|6th||2,789 : 1|
|Final Drive||2,2 : 1|
|Suspension: Front - Type/Travel||Telescopic Fork/119 mm (4,7 in) - 46mm cartridge forks with dual rate springs|
|Suspension: Rear - Type/Travel||Single Shock w/Air adjust / 114 mm|
|Brakes/Front||Dual / Floating Rotor / 4 Piston Caliper|
|Brakes/Rear||Single / Floating Rotor / 2 Piston Caliper|
|Tyres/Front||Dunlop® Elite 3 130/90B16 73H|
|Tyres/Rear||Dunlop® Elite 3 180/60R16 80H|
|Wheels||Cast 16" x 3.5" Front and 16" x 5" Rear|
|Exhaust System||Split dual exhaust w/ cross-over|
|Length||2571 mm (101,2 in)|
|Width (US)||1026.2 mm|
|Width (Intl)||1010.9 mm|
|Seat Height||660.4 mm|
|Ground Clearance||140 mm|
|Fuel Capacity||20,8 LITRES|
|Weight (empty tank / full of fuel)||370 kg / 385 kg (815 lbs / 848 lbs)|
|GVWR||630 kgs (1385 lbs)|
|Available Colours||Thunder Black, Indian Motorcycle® Red, Springfield Blue|
|Standard Equipment||ABS - - Cast Aluminum Frame with Integrated Air-Box - - Cruise Control; Driving Lights - - Highway Bar - - Keyless Start - - Power Windshield - - Premium Leather Seats - - Remote Locking Hard Saddle Bags - - Tyre Pressure Monitoring - - 100 Watt Stereo with AM/FM Bluetooth and Smartphone Compatible Input|
|Electric||Fairing mounted instrument cluster featuring electronic speedometer, tachometer, and fuel gauge with odometer, dual tripmeters with distance and time, instantaneous and average fuel economy, fuel range, real-time clock, ambient air temperature, gear position display, front and rear tyre pressure, engine hours of operation, engine oil life percentage, average speed, battery voltage, radio information display, vehicle trouble code readout, heated grip level (if heated grips installed); and 15 LED telltale indicators, cruise control enabled, cruise control set, neutral, high beam, turn signal, ABS, check engine, low tyre pressure, battery, low fuel, security system, low engine oil pressure and MPH or km/h unit designation|
|Coverage||Every new model Indian Motorcycle comes with a standard 2 year unlimited kilometer warranty plus the added assurance of premium Indian Motorcycle roadside assistance for the term of the warranty.|
Standard - Yet Special Features
1 / 9
- Thunder Stroke™ 111 The new Thunder Stroke™ 111 engine delivers an incredible 138.9 Nm (102.4 ft-lbs) of torque and features styling that pays tribute to legendary Indian Motorcycle® engines of the past.
- Keyless Enjoy convenient and secure keyless starting. With the Indian® Chieftain™ key fob in your pocket, climb on the bike, push a button and ride. If you misplace the fob, use the individual security code that you pre-programmed into the ignition.
- Extensive Chrome Virtually every surface that could be chromed has been chromed. From end to end, the beautiful, bright chrome finish elevates the Indian® Chieftain's™ style.
- Windscreen Raise and lower the power-adjustable windscreen with the push of a button to customize airflow and protection.
- Hard Saddlebags Spacious hard saddlebags are mounted on quick-release anchors and feature remote electronic locks you control with a console mounted button - or a convenient key fob.
- Driving Lights LED driving lights provide both style and protection down any road you choose to take.
- High-Output Audio The fairing houses an audio system that delivers clean, quality sound from dual high-output speakers. The aerodynamic fairing blocks wind to allow you to enjoy your highway playlist without interference.
- Audio Bluetooth The integrated Bluetooth® smart phone connection makes it easy to run music stored in the phone through the Indian® Chieftain™ audio system. Playlist info is displayed on the multi-function display screen, and switches near the handgrip make it easy to control the audio. Bluetooth® is a registered trademark of Bluetooth Sig, Inc.
- 2-Year Warranty/Roadside Assistance Every new model Indian Motorcycle comes with a standard 2 year unlimited kilometer warranty plus the added assurance of premium Indian Motorcycle roadside assistance for the term of the warranty.
Classic Iconic Features
1 / 4
- Indian Motorcycle® Badging One of the classic elements of an Indian Motorcycle® is the vintage badging. Ever since the Indian® script logo was first created in 1910, and Indian Motorcycle® Red became the standard Indian Motorcycle® colour in 1912, these features have made the Indian Motorcycle® badging a hallmark of this historic brand.
- War Bonnet Lighting the way as it has done since 1947 is the iconic War Bonnet. Mounted proudly atop the front fender in a chrome frame, this light makes it clear, “This is a genuine Indian Motorcycle®.”
- Valenced Fenders Stylish, elegant and functional, the iconic valenced fenders, standard since 1940, enhance the flowing styling lines of every Indian Motorcycle®. They also provide protection, effectively blocking road spray and gravel kicked up by the tyres.
- Brake Caliper Covers Every Indian Motorcycle® is equipped with outstanding brakes, and in keeping with our traditional styling, we choose to cover the calipers. The result is a clean, stylish, beautifully finished sheet metal - iconic Indian Motorcycle® valenced fenders.
Comfort with Style
1 / 4
- Stage 1 Slip-On Exhaust Add the Stage 1 Slip-On Exhaust and enjoy a rich, throaty exhaust note that provides the perfect soundtrack for the open road. This exhaust system allows the Thunder Stroke™ 111 motorcycle engine to breath more freely and unleash additional power and crisp throttle response.
- Six Shooter Exhaust Tips It’s easy to give your Indian Motorcycle® a major infusion of custom style with a set of Six Shooter Exhaust Tips. These motorcycle exhaust tips fit on all Stage 1 Slip-On Exhaust pipes and feature timeless American cruiser motorcycle styling.
- Saddlebag Audio Kit Turn your Indian® Chieftain™ motorcycle into a rolling concert hall with this Saddlebag Audio Kit. Using the colour-matched Concert Audio Lids to replace the stock lids, the integrated audio system will deliver powerful, premium-quality audio to complement the output from your fairing speakers.
- Quick Release Passenger Backrest Provide your passenger with a strong, secure, comfortable backrest in just seconds by adding this Standard Height Quick Release Passenger Backrest to an Indian® motorcycle. The backrest’s Quick Release technology lets you install or remove the entire backrest in seconds - without tools! *Luggage rack sold separately