INDIAN MOTORCYCLE REVEALS THE THUNDER STROKE 111 ENGINE IN AUSTRALIA FOR THE FIRST TIME
Indian Motorcycle Australia pulled the covers the all-new Thunder Stroke 111 engine at the Ulysses AGM on the Fraser Coast at 3.30pm AEST to an eager crowd of over 1,000 Ulysses members.
Due for release later this year, the much anticipated reveal of the all-new Thunder Stroke 111 powering the new Indian Motorcycle drew significant interest from Australia’s largest Motorcycle Club, with members inspecting every little detail of the all-new engine up close and in person.
The engine reveal also coincided with the launch of the exclusive “One-Eleven Original” riders club. The One-Eleven Original riders refer to the first 111 Indian Motorcycles’ to be sold and delivered in Australia. Indian Motorcycle Australia has commenced accepting orders and deposits for the new Indian Motorcycle and in return prospective owners receive an exclusive One-Eleven Original kit containing:
- One-Eleven Original Embroidered pit shirt
- Indian glass Warbonnet paper weight
- Indian belt & buckle
- Numbered bike
- Exclusive video content straight from the US design & engineering team
- Numbered print of the original Indian design sketches, signed by US design & engineering team
- Spirit of Munro - BELL helmet with One-Eleven Original livery
Peter Harvey, Country Manager for Indian Motorcycle Australia said “we expected the new engine to generate a lot of interest and unveiling it at Ulysses for the first time outside the USA and second time worldwide is a coup for Australia and Ulysses. Many Ulysses members have taken advantage of being amongst the first to see the heart of the new Indian Motorcycle and place deposits. With only 111 bikes to receive the exclusive One-Eleven Original kit and numbering, Indian Motorcycle enthusiasts and prospective customers will need to move quickly as the response and interest is very strong.”
Indian Motorcycle Thunder Stroke 111 Engine Specifications:
- Engine Displacement: 111 cubic inches (1,800+ cc)
- Torque: More than 115 ft-lbs (>156 Nm)
- Architecture: 49-degree V-twin, air-cooled with integrated oil cooler, left-side air intake, down firing exhaust system, parallel pushrod tubes
- Crankcase: Unit design featuring a high capacity semi-dry sump oil system, oversized oil radiator
- Timing System: 3 camshafts, pushrods, 2 valves per cylinder acting through maintenance-free hydraulic valve lifters, forged crankshaft
- Fuel System: Electronic sequential port fuel injection and electronic throttle control
- Compression Ratio: 9.5
- Transmission: 6-speed overdrive, constant mesh, helical gearbox
- Clutch: Low-effort, multi-plate wet clutch, aluminum basket, integral torsional damper
Fans of Indian Motorcycle are encouraged to visit indianmotorcycle.com.au and Like Us at facebook.com/indianmotorcycleaustralia.
ABOUT INDIAN MOTORCYCLE
Indian Motorcycle, a wholly-owned division of Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII), is America’s first motorcycle company. Founded in 1901, Indian Motorcycle has won the hearts of motorcyclists around the world and earned distinction as one of America’s most legendary and iconic brands through unrivaled racing dominance, engineering prowess and countless innovations and industry firsts. Today that heritage and passion is reignited under new brand stewardship. To learn more, please visit www.indianmotorcycle.com.au.
Marketing Manager - Motorcycles
Mobile: 0418 506 301 Email: email@example.com