INDIAN MOTORCYCLE Extended Warranty Policy
Engine, transmission, electronics
Indian Motorcycle Company, 2100 Highway 55, Medina, MN 55340, USA (INDIAN MOTORCYCLE) gives a LIMITED EXTENDED WARRANTY on certain components (see below) of your INDIAN MOTORCYCLE against defects in material or workmanship. This Extended Warranty covers certain parts and labor charges for repair or replacement of defective parts and begins upon expiration of the two year (24 months) Initial Limited Warranty on the date of purchase by the original retail purchaser, and covers privately used motorcycles only. This warranty is transferable to another owner during the period of application of the Extended Warranty period through a INDIAN MOTORCYCLE dealer, but any such transfer will not extend the original term of the Extended Warranty. This Extended Warranty will not apply to any commercially used motorcycles or motorcycles that at any point during the Initial Warranty period was used for commercial rent. The product is used commercially when it is used in connection with any work or employment that generates income, or licensed for a commercial purpose during any part of the warranty period.
This Extended Warranty will be in effect for a period of THIRTY-SIX (36) MONTHS for privately used motorcycles.
For any information on the validity, terms and conditions related to the Initial Warranty, please consult the “INDIAN MOTORCYCLE Warranty Policy – Limited Warranty” which can be found in your user’s manual.
DISTINCTION BETWEEN INITIAL LIMITED WARRANTY AND PRESENT EXTENDED LIMITED WARRANTY CAMPAIGN
This Extended Warranty provides a maximum 5 years’ of warranty coverage on certain privately used INDIAN MOTORCYCLE, constituted as follows:
- Initial Limited Warranty: initial limited warranty applying to INDIAN MOTORCYCLEs, subject to the “INDIAN MOTORCYCLE Warranty Policy – Limited Warranty” which can be found in the user’s manual. This initial limited warranty provides a maximum of 2 years’ coverage from the date of purchase. This warranty is hereinafter referred to as the “Initial Warranty”.
- Extended Warranty: the present extended warranty campaign applying to certain privately used INDIAN MOTORCYCLE is subject to the present “INDIAN MOTORCYCLE Extended Warranty Policy – Limited Warranty”. This extended limited warranty provides a maximum of 3 years’ coverage from the date of expiration of the Initial Warranty period. This warranty is hereinafter referred to as the “Extended Warranty”.
LIMITED SCOPE OF EXTENDED WARRANTY COVERAGE
This Extended Warranty only covers the INDIAN MOTORCYCLEs that comply with all of the below conditions:
- INDIAN MOTORCYCLE of Model Year 2014, purchased at the original retail dealership in the United Kingdom between October 1, 2013 and March 31, 2015 (included); and
- INDIAN MOTORCYCLE not subject to any exclusions or limitations listed in the “INDIAN MOTORCYCLE Warranty Policy – Limited Warranty” which can be found in the user’s manual, at any point during the Initial Warranty and/or Extended Warranty period; and
- INDIAN MOTORCYCLE that are privately used, and have always been privately used at any time during the Initial Warranty and/or Extended Warranty period.
- INDIAN MOTORCYCLE that are not used commercially or have not been used for commercial rent at any time during the Initial Warranty and/or Extended Warranty period. The product is used commercially when it is used in connection with any work or employment that generates income, or licensed for a commercial purpose during any part of the Initial Warranty and/or Extended Warranty period.
- INDIAN MOTORCYCLE registered in the country where first purchased, that have not been the subject of registration outside the country of first purchase at any time during the Initial Warranty and/or Extended Warranty period.
WARRANTY COVERAGE AND EXCLUSIONS:
LIMITATIONS OF WARRANTIES AND REMEDIES
This Extended Warranty is limited as follows:
- Warranty coverage: this Extended Warranty covers only the following parts:
- Engine components; however excluding consumable components such as, for example, filters and liquids.
- Transmission components and gearbox; however excluding consumable components such as, for example, filters, fluids, clutch plates and belt drive systems;
- o Electronics, including analog and digital instruments, vehicle controller, engine controller for ignition and fuel injection, fuel system, stator/charge regulator and starter motor; however excluding electrical consumable components such as, for example, light bulbs, fuses, fuseable links and batteries.
- Warranty period: this Extended Warranty will be in effect for a period of THIRTY-SIX (36) MONTHS, and begins upon expiration of the two year (24 months) Initial Limited Warranty on the date of purchase by the original retail purchaser. Note that you must at all times inform your INDIAN MOTORCYCLE dealer of any vehicle issue that you have detected within a reasonable period of time, depending on the nature of the issue.
- Warranty exclusions: this Extended Warranty excludes:
- Any failures that are not caused by a defect in material or workmanship. THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER CLAIMS OF DEFECTIVE DESIGN. This warranty also does not cover acts of God, accidental damage, normal wear and tear, abuse or improper handling. This warranty also does not cover any motorcycle, component, or part that has been altered structurally, modified, neglected, improperly maintained, or that was at any point in time used for racing or purposes other than for which it was designed.
- Damages or failures resulting from: improper lubrication; improper engine timing; improper fuel; surface imperfections caused by external stress, heat, cold or contamination; operator error or abuse; improper component alignment, tension, adjustment or altitude compensation; snow, water, dirt or other foreign substance ingestion/contamination; improper maintenance; modified components; use of aftermarket or unapproved components, accessories, or attachments; unauthorized repairs; or repairs made after the warranty period expires or by an unauthorized repair center.
- Damages or failures caused by abuse, accident, fire, or any other cause other than a defect in materials or workmanship.
- This Extended Warranty provides no coverage for consumable components, general wear items, or any parts exposed to friction surfaces, stresses, environmental conditions and/or contamination for which they were not designed or not intended, including but not limited to the following items:
- Wheels and tires
- Finished and unfinished surfaces
- Suspension components
- Fuel Injectors/Throttle body components
- Brake components
- Engine components
- Seat components
- Drive belts
- Clutches and components
- Hydraulic components and fluids
- Steering components
- Circuit breakers/Fuses
- Electronic components
- Light bulbs/Sealed beam lamps
- Spark plugs
- This warranty provides no coverage for personal loss or expense, including mileage, transportation costs, hotels, meals, shipping or handling fees, motorcycle pick-up or delivery, replacement rentals, loss of vehicle use, loss of profits, or loss of vacation or personal time.
THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR BREACH OF THIS EXTENDED WARRANTY SHALL BE, AT INDIAN MOTORCYCLE’S OPTION, REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF ANY DEFECTIVE MATERIALS, COMPONENTS, OR PRODUCTS. ANY FURTHER RIGHTS UNDER THIS WARRANTY ARE EXCLUDED.
ANY STATUTORY RIGHTS YOU MAY HAVE UNDER THE APPLICABLE LAW DUE TO DEFECTS OF YOUR MOTORCYCLE SHALL NOT BE AFFECTED BY THIS EXTENDED WARRANTY.
HOW TO OBTAIN WARRANTY SERVICE
If your motorcycle requires warranty service, you must take it within a reasonable period of timing after detecting a defect covered by this Extended Warranty to an authorized INDIAN MOTORCYCLE dealer. When requesting warranty service you must present your copy of the Warranty Registration Form to the dealer. (THE COST OF TRANSPORTATION TO AND FROM THE DEALER IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY). INDIAN MOTORCYCLE suggests that you use your original selling dealer; however, you may use any INDIAN MOTORCYCLE Dealer to perform warranty service.
In the Country where your motorcycle was purchased:
Warranty or Service Bulletin repairs must be done by an authorized INDIAN MOTORCYCLE dealer. If you move or are traveling within the country where your motorcycle was purchased, Warranty and Service Bulletin repairs may be performed at any authorized INDIAN MOTORCYCLE dealer within that country.
Outside the Country where your motorcycle was purchased:
If you are traveling temporarily outside the country where your motorcycle was purchased, you should take your motorcycle to an authorized INDIAN MOTORCYCLE dealer. You must show the dealer photo identification from the country of the selling dealer’s authorized location as proof of residence. Upon residence verification, the servicing dealer will be authorized to perform the warranty repair.
If you register a vehicle outside of the country in which the motorcycle was originally purchased:
If you register a vehicle outside of the country in which the motorcycle was originally purchased, the Extended Warranty expires, and any Extended Warranty coverage requests will be denied. However, it is nevertheless important to contact INDIAN MOTORCYCLE Customer Assistance and the customs department of the destination country. Vehicle importation rules vary considerably from country to country. You may be required to obtain documentation from INDIAN MOTORCYCLE in order to register your motorcycle in your new country. You should warranty register your motorcycle at a local INDIAN MOTORCYCLE dealer in your new country immediately after you move to ensure that you receive information and notices regarding your motorcycle.
If you purchase from a private party:
If you purchase an INDIAN MOTORCYCLE from a private party, to be kept and used outside of the country in which the motorcycle was originally purchased, all warranty coverage will be denied. You must nonetheless register your motorcycle under your name and address with a local INDIAN MOTORCYCLE dealer in your country to ensure that you receive safety information and notices regarding your motorcycle.
If any of the above terms are void because of federal, state or local law, all other warranty terms will remain in effect.
Please work with your dealer to resolve any warranty issues. Should your dealer require any additional assistance, they will contact the appropriate person at INDIAN MOTORCYCLE.