|Engine Type||Thunder Stroke™ 111|
|Displacement||111 cu in|
|Bore x Stroke||3.976" x 4.449" (101mm x 113mm)|
|Electronic Fuel Injection System||Closed loop fuel injection / 54mm bore|
|Peak Torque RPM||3000 rpm|
|Peak Torque (J1349 ft-lbs)||119.2 ft-lbs/ 161.6 N m|
|Primary Drive||Gear Drive Wet Clutch|
Gear Ratio (Overall)
|1st||9.403 : 1|
|2nd||6.411 : 1|
|3rd||4.763 : 1|
|4th||3.796 : 1|
|5th||3.243 : 1|
|6th||2.789 : 1|
|Final Drive||2.2 : 1|
|Suspension: Front - Type/Travel||Telescopic Fork/4.7 in (119 mm)|
|Brakes/Front||Dual / Floating Rotor / 4 Piston Caliper|
|Suspension: Rear - Type/Travel||Single Shock / 3.7 in|
|Brakes/Rear||Single / Floating Rotor / 2 Piston Caliper|
|Tires/Front||Dunlop® American Elite 130/90B16 67H|
|Tires/Rear||Dunlop® American Elite 180/65B16 81H|
|Wheels||40 Spoke 16" x 3.5" Front and 16" x 5" Rear|
|Exhaust System||Split dual exhaust w/ cross-over|
|Width (Intl)||39.8 in|
|Seat Height||26.0 in|
|Fuel Capacity||5.5 gallons|
|Weight (empty tank / full of fuel)||778 lbs / 812 lbs|
|Available Colors||Thunder Black, Indian Motorcycle® Red, Springfield Blue|
|Standard Equipment||ABS; Cast Aluminum Frame with Integrated Air-Box; Cruise Control; Keyless Start; Light Bar; Premium Leather Seats|
|Electric||Tank mounted electronic speedometer with odometer; dual tripmeters; digital tachometer; ambient air temperature; fuel range; average fuel economy; battery voltage; gear position display; real-time clock; vehicle trouble code readout; heated grip level (if heated grips installed); low engine oil pressure; and 9 LED telltale indicators: cruise control enabled, cruise control set, neutral, high beam, turn signal, ABS, check engine, and MPH or km/h unit designation; Tank mounted electronic fuel gauge with low fuel LED indicator|
|Coverage||Indian Motorcycle® backs every new Indian Motorcycle with 5 years of coverage that includes both a 1 year limited warranty and an extended service contract. Subject to $50 deductible, no mileage limitation.|
Standard - Yet Special Features
1 / 4
- Thunder Stroke™ 111 The new Thunder Stroke™ 111 engine delivers an incredible 119 ft-lbs of torque and features styling that pays tribute to legendary Indian Motorcycle® engines of the past.
- Keyless Enjoy keyless starting that’s secure and convenient. With the Indian® Chief® Classic key fob in your pocket, climb on the bike, push a button and ride. If you misplace the fob, use the individual security code that you pre-programmed into the ignition.
- Extensive Chrome Virtually every surface that could be chromed has been chromed. From end to end, the beautiful, bright chrome finish elevates the iconic style of the Indian® Chief® Classic.
- 5-Year Coverage/Roadside Assistance Indian Motorcycle® backs every new Indian® Chief® Classic with 5 years of coverage that includes both a 1 year limited warranty and an extended service contract. Subject to $50 deductible, no mileage limitation. Ride with confidence and peace of mind that you’ll enjoy every memorable mile. Plus, every new rider will be provided a full year of Indian Motorcycle® Roadside Assistance for added assurance. See dealer for details.
Classic Iconic Features
1 / 6
- Indian Motorcycle® Badging One of the classic elements of an Indian Motorcycle® is the vintage badging. Ever since the Indian® script logo was first created in 1910, and Indian Motorcycle® Red became the standard Indian Motorcycle® color in 1912, these features have made the Indian Motorcycle® badging a hallmark of this historic brand.
- War Bonnet Lighting the way as it has done since 1947 is the iconic War Bonnet. Mounted proudly atop the front fender in a chrome frame, this light makes it clear, “This is a genuine Indian Motorcycle®.”
- Valenced Fenders Stylish, elegant and functional, the iconic valenced fenders, standard since 1940, enhance the flowing styling lines of every Indian Motorcycle®. They also provide protection, effectively blocking road spray and gravel kicked up by the tires.
- Brake Caliper Covers Every Indian® Chief® Classic is equipped with outstanding brakes, and in keeping with our traditional styling, we choose to cover the calipers. The result is a clean, stylish, beautifully finished sheet metal - iconic Indian Motorcycle® valanced fenders.
- Center Console Chief® Classic instrumentation combines modern technology and traditional style. The tank-mounted console has a large, easy-to-read analog speedometer as well as a digital display screen that provides a wealth of valuable ride and fuel data.
- Laced Wheels The Indian® Chief® Classic rolls on bright, high quality laced wheels. Forty stainless steel spokes make up the wheels, which evoke iconic, timeless Indian Motorcycle® style.
Comfort with Style
1 / 5
- Stage 1 Slip-On Exhaust Add the Stage 1 Slip-On Exhaust and enjoy a rich, throaty exhaust note that provides the perfect soundtrack for the open road. This exhaust system allows the Thunder Stroke™ 111 motorcycle engine to breath more freely and unleash additional power and crisp throttle response.
- Fishtail Exhaust Tips It’s easy to give your Indian Motorcycle® a major infusion of custom style with a set of Fishtail Exhaust Tips. These motorcycle exhaust tips fit on all Stage 1 Slip-On Exhaust pipes and feature timeless American cruiser motorcycle styling.
- Quick Release Windshield Quick Release Technology makes it easy for an Indian Motorcycle® rider to add the comfort and protection of this Low Windshield to an Indian® Chief® Cruiser motorcycle in seconds - without tools.
- Quick Release Passenger Backrest Provide your passenger with a strong, secure, comfortable backrest in just seconds by adding this Standard Height Quick Release Passenger Backrest to an Indian® motorcycle. The backrest’s Quick Release Technology lets you install or remove the entire backrest in seconds - without tools!
- Pinnacle Cover Collection Enhance the custom treatment of your Indian Motorcycle® by adding the Pinnacle Cover Collection to your bike. Each Horn Cover, cam cover and primary cover features branding and graphic and gives the motorcycle a clean, finished custom look.