|Engine Type||Thunder Stroke™ 111|
|Displacement||111 cu in|
|Bore x Stroke||3.976" x 4.449" (101mm x 113mm)|
|Electronic Fuel Injection||Closed loop fuel injection / 54mm bore|
|Peak Torque RPM||3000 rpm|
|Peak Torque (J1349 ft-lbs)||119.2 ft-lbs/ 161.6 N m|
|Primary Drive||Gear Drive Wet Clutch|
Gear Ratio (Overall)
|1st||9.403 : 1|
|2nd||6.411 : 1|
|3rd||4.763 : 1|
|4th||3.796 : 1|
|5th||3.243 : 1|
|6th||2.789 : 1|
|Final Drive||2.2 : 1|
|Suspension: Front - Type/Travel||Telescopic Fork/4.7 in (119 mm)|
|Suspension: Rear - Type/Travel||Single Shock w/Air adjust / 4.49 in|
|Brakes/Front||Dual / Floating Rotor / 4 Piston Caliper|
|Brakes/Rear||Single / Floating Rotor / 2 Piston Caliper|
|Tires/Front||Dunlop® Elite 3 130/90B16 73H|
|Tires/Rear||Dunlop® Elite 3 180/60R16 80H|
|Wheels||Cast 16" x 3.5" Front and 16" x 5" Rear|
|Exhaust System||Split dual exhaust w/ cross-over|
|Width (US)||40.2 in|
|Width (Intl)||39.8 in|
|Seat Height||26.0 in|
|Fuel Capacity||5.5 gallons|
|Weight (empty tank / full of fuel)||815 lbs / 848 lbs|
|Available Colors||Thunder Black, Indian Motorcycle® Red, Springfield Blue|
|Standard Equipment||ABS; Cast Aluminum Frame with Integrated Air-Box; Cruise Control; Driving Lights; Highway Bar; Keyless Start; Power Windshield; Premium Leather Seats; Remote Locking Hard Saddle Bags; Tire Pressure Monitoring; 100 Watt Stereo with AM/FM Bluetooth and Smartphone Compatible Input|
|Electric||Fairing mounted instrument cluster featuring electronic speedometer, tachometer, and fuel gauge with odometer, dual tripmeters with distance and time, instantaneous and average fuel economy; fuel range; real-time clock; ambient air temperature; gear position display; front and rear tire pressure; engine hours of operation; engine oil life percentage; average speed; battery voltage; radio information display; vehicle trouble code readout; heated grip level (if heated grips installed); and 15 LED telltale indicators: cruise control enabled, cruise control set, neutral, high beam, turn signal, ABS, check engine, low tire pressure, battery, low fuel, security system, low engine oil pressure and MPH or km/h unit designation|
|Coverage||Indian Motorcycle® backs every new Indian Motorcycle with 5 years of coverage that includes both a 1 year limited warranty and an extended service contract. Subject to $50 deductible, no mileage limitation.|
Standard - Yet Special Features
1 / 9
- Thunder Stroke™ 111 The new Thunder Stroke™ 111 engine delivers an incredible 119 ft-lbs of torque and features styling that pays tribute to legendary Indian Motorcycle® engines of the past.
- Keyless Enjoy convenient and secure keyless starting. With the Indian® Chieftain™ key fob in your pocket, climb on the bike, push a button and ride. If you misplace the fob, use the individual security code that you pre-programmed into the ignition.
- Extensive Chrome Virtually every surface that could be chromed has been chromed. From end to end, the beautiful, bright chrome finish elevates the Indian® Chieftain's™ style.
- Windshield Raise and lower the power-adjustable windshield with the push of a button to customize airflow and protection.
- Hard Saddlebags Spacious hard saddlebags are mounted on quick-release anchors and feature remote electronic locks you control with a console mounted button - or a convenient key fob.
- Driving Lights Driving lights provide both style and protection down any road you choose to take.
- High-Output Audio The fairing houses an audio system that delivers clean, quality sound from dual high-output speakers. The aerodynamic fairing blocks wind to allow you to enjoy your highway playlist without interference.
- Audio Bluetooth The integrated Bluetooth® smart phone connection makes it easy to run music stored in the phone through the Indian® Chieftain™ audio system. Playlist info is displayed on the multi-function display screen, and switches near the handgrip make it easy to control the audio. Bluetooth® is a registered trademark of Bluetooth Sig, Inc.
- 5-Year Coverage/Roadside Assistance Indian Motorcycle® backs every new Indian® Chieftain™ with 5 years of coverage that includes both a 1 year limited warranty and an extended service contract. Subject to $50 deductible, no mileage limitation. Ride with confidence and peace of mind that you’ll enjoy every memorable mile. Plus, every new rider will be provided a full year of Indian Motorcycle® Roadside Assistance for added assurance. See dealer for details.
Classic Iconic Features
1 / 4
- Indian Motorcycle® Badging One of the classic elements of an Indian Motorcycle® is the vintage badging. Ever since the Indian® script logo was first created in 1910, and Indian Motorcycle® Red became the standard Indian Motorcycle® color in 1912, these features have made the Indian Motorcycle® badging a hallmark of this historic brand.
- War Bonnet Lighting the way as it has done since 1947 is the iconic War Bonnet. Mounted proudly atop the front fender in a chrome frame, this light makes it clear, “This is a genuine Indian Motorcycle®.”
- Valenced Fenders Stylish, elegant and functional, the iconic valenced fenders, standard since 1940, enhance the flowing styling lines of every Indian Motorcycle®. They also provide protection, effectively blocking road spray and gravel kicked up by the tires.
- Brake Caliper Covers Every Indian Motorcycle® is equipped with outstanding brakes, and in keeping with our traditional styling, we choose to cover the calipers. The result is a clean, stylish, beautifully finished sheet metal - iconic Indian Motorcycle® valanced fenders.
Comfort with Style
1 / 4
- Stage 1 Slip-On Exhaust Add the Stage 1 Slip-On Exhaust and enjoy a rich, throaty exhaust note that provides the perfect soundtrack for the open road. This exhaust system allows the Thunder Stroke™ 111 motorcycle engine to breath more freely and unleash additional power and crisp throttle response.
- Six Shooter Exhaust Tips It’s easy to give your Indian Motorcycle® a major infusion of custom style with a set of Six Shooter Exhaust Tips. These motorcycle exhaust tips fit on all Stage 1 Slip-On Exhaust pipes and feature timeless American cruiser motorcycle styling.
- Saddlebag Audio Kit Turn your Indian® Chieftain™ motorcycle into a rolling concert hall with this Saddlebag Audio Kit. Using the color-matched Concert Audio Lids to replace the stock lids, the integrated audio system will deliver powerful, premium-quality audio to complement the output from your fairing speakers.
- Quick Release Passenger Backrest Provide your passenger with a strong, secure, comfortable backrest in just seconds by adding this Standard Height Quick Release Passenger Backrest to an Indian® motorcycle. The backrest’s Quick Release technology lets you install or remove the entire backrest in seconds - without tools! *Luggage rack sold separately