Syncing your data allows RIDE COMMAND information to be shared between the website, app and 7" Touchscreen Display. Syncing ensures that your data including tracked rides, routes, events, areas, collections, waypoints and vehicle data, has been backed up to a secondary location. For example, if you save waypoints to the Indian Motorcycle App, you can sync your data to transfer these waypoints to your vehicle's touchscreen display.
Data and account updates from cloud-based platforms (app and web) will sync automatically to bikes that meet the following criteria:
- Have a 7" Touchscreen Display,
- Have a cellular modem,
- Have a current map package and RIDE COMMAND+ and
- Are in an area with reliable cellular service.
Note: Syncing and uploading data is not currently an available feature for motorcycles with the 4" Round Touchscreen Display.
Note: This article does not pertain to Over the Air (OTA) updates. OTA software and map version updates are currently only supported on models equipped with a cell modem.
There are several ways to sync your RIDE COMMAND data.
Note: You must be logged in to your RIDE COMMAND account on the bike to use this feature.
To log in to your RIDE COMMAND account on the display:
1. Press the Indian Motorcycle icon in the middle of the display.
2. Tap ALL SETTINGS > GENERAL > RIDE COMMAND.
4. Enter your email and password to log in to your RIDE COMMAND account on the display.
5. Once logged in, your data will sync automatically when in a location with a reliable cellular connection.
1. Download the Indian Motorcycle App and log in if you have not done so already.
2. Connect your phone to the vehicle via Bluetooth®. Read Pairing Your Phone to the 2020+ 7" Touchscreen Display Powered by RIDE COMMAND or Pairing Your Phone to the 2017-2019 7" Touchscreen Display Powered by RIDE COMMAND for more information.
3. On your phone, open the Indian Motorcycle App.
4. The app will recognize that the vehicle is connected, and data will sync between the display and the Indian Motorcycle mobile app automatically.
You can also push rides to the display via the mobile app or pull rides from the display to the mobile app.
- In the app: Tap the Rides tab. Tap and hold the desired item type (Tracks, Waypoints/Saved Places, Routes) > tap the SEND TO VEHICLE button next to the item you would like to send to the display.
- In the app: Tap the Rides tab. Tap and hold the desired item type > pull down on the screen. This will pull all items from the display into the app.
USB Flash Drive
1. Plug an empty USB flash drive into your vehicle.
2. Press the Navigation hard button.
3. Open the Navigation menu.
4. Tap WAYPOINTS or RIDES.
5. Tap the Sync with USB button.
6. Tap YES to export all Waypoints/Rides.
Indian Motorcycle App and RIDE COMMAND Website
When logged in to the Indian Motorcycle mobile app, the app will sync automatically whenever it is opened or closed.
You can also refresh the data on the Rides and Community tabs by pulling down on the screen. If you are in an area with no connectivity, you can sync your data once you have returned to an area with connectivity by pulling down on the screen to refresh or by reopening the app.
Note: If data does not sync automatically, close the Indian Motorcycle App and relaunch.
Any activity on the RIDE COMMAND website will automatically sync to the Indian Motorcycle App.
To learn how to plan and upload a ride using RIDE COMMAND read Planning and Uploading a Route with the 7" Touchscreen Display Powered by RIDE COMMAND.
The Indian Motorcycle App is available on the App Store® for iPhone® and iPad®, as well as on Google Play®.
More information about RIDE COMMAND can be found in the Owner's Manual for your vehicle.
Visit the RIDE COMMAND website to create an account and update software/maps.
Not sure what you need? Check out the Guide to Indian Motorcycle Displays Powered by RIDE COMMAND.
Bluetooth® is a registered trademark of Bluetooth Sig, Inc.
Google Play® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
App Store®, iPhone® and iPad® are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Indian Motorcycle International, LLC
© 2022 Indian Motorcycle International LLC