- Made for riders ages 8 and older
- Seat Height: 23.5 inches (59.7 cm)
- Weight Limit: 175 pounds (79 kg)
- Top Speed: 15 mph (24 km/h)
- 36-volt rechargeable battery
This bike has a rugged steel frame, a folding metal foot pegs, a chain drive, an adjustable riser-style handlebar, a twist throttle and a hand-operated dual-disc brake. It also features FTR graphics for an authentic look.
The eFTR Jr is designed for off-road use only. Always respect local laws when riding.
It is recommended that bike assembly be performed by an adult with experience in bicycle mechanics. Allow up to 30 minutes for assembly, not including the initial charge time for the battery. Allow up to 12 hours for charging.
To assemble the eFTR Jr, you will need 5mm and 6mm Allen wrenches; 10mm, 17mm and 19mm wrenches; and a Phillips screwdriver. For step-by-step instructions, see your Owner's Manual.
The eFTR Jr features a speed control switch that allows parents to raise or lower the bike's top speed. This limiter is intended for parents of children who are younger or need extra practice time to learn how the youth bike moves. It is recommended that all riders use the LOW setting while learning how to operate the eFTR Jr. Once the rider is comfortable with using the the LOW setting and has acquired the necessary skills to safely ride, the parent has the option to change the setting to HIGH.
The bike is set on the LOW setting at the factory.
The switch is hidden inside the speed control switch cover and cannot be accessed without using a Phillips screwdriver.
To change the speed control switch settings:
1. Use a Phillips screwdriver to remove the speed control cover by unscrewing the two screws. Do not discard the cover or screws.
2. Slide the speed control switch to the left until it clicks to set the speed mode to LOW. In this position, the bike has a top speed of 10 mph (16 km/h). Slide the switch to the right until it clicks to set the speed mode to HIGH. In this position, the bike has a top speed of 15 mph (24 km/h).
3. Rotate and reinstall the speed control cover so that the arrow points to the set speed mode.
Battery Charging and Care
Your eFTR Jr may not have a fully charged battery upon purchase and therefore should be charged prior to using. When fully charged, the battery can provide up to 65 minutes of continuous use, depending on riding conditions, rider weight, climate and proper maintenance.
The bike should initially be charged for 12 hours. When recharging the battery, allow it to charge for 12 hours, even if the light turns green. The recommended maximum charging time is 24 hours. Make sure the power switch is turned OFF when the unit is not in use. If the power switch is left on for an extended period of time, the battery may reach a stage at which it will no longer hold a charge.
Battery life varies depending on proper maintenance and usage of the unit. Failure to recharge the battery periodically may result in a battery that will not accept charge. To ensure long battery life, never store the product in freezing or below freezing temperatures. Freezing will permanently damage the battery.
Always charge the battery immediately after riding and fully charge the battery before storing it for extended periods of time. Unplug the charger from the outlet when not in use.
To charge the bike:
1. Plug the charger into a wall outlet. The light on the charger should be green. If a green light does not light up, try a different outlet.
2. Make sure the power switch is in the OFF position. Plug the charger into the charger port. The light on the charger should turn red during charging and then back to green when charging is complete.
For full charging instructions, see your Owner's Manual.
Operating the Bike
To start the bike, turn the power switch to ON. Place both hands on the handlebars. Slowly push forward with one foot and apply the throttle. Note: Keep both feet on the foot pegs when the unit is in motion.
To stop the bike, release the throttle and apply the brakes. Note: When coming to a complete stop, place both feet on the ground to balance the unit.
How to Purchase an eFTR Jr
The eFTR Jr can be purchased online or at your local Indian Motorcycle dealership. To find a dealer near you, use the Dealer Locator.
For more information, including maintenance tips and procedures, refer to the eFTR Jr Owner's Manual.
For customer support, visit www.razor.com, call 1-866-467-2967 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.