Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Indian Motorcycle. To change the headlight lamp bulb on any Indian Springfield, Indian Vintage or model year 2020 and older Chief model:
1. Remove the six bolts securing the front nacelle headlight shroud. Pull this piece forward to access the headlight.
2. Remove the sealing boot. Press the looped end of the wire bulb retainer clip and swing the end toward the center of the bulb to release it from the latch tab.
3. With the wire harness connector attached, pull the bulb out. Disconnect the wire harness.
4. Install the new bulb and secure the retainer. Tip: Avoid touching a halogen lamp with bare fingers. Oil from your skin leaves a residue, causing a hot spot that will shorten the life of the lamp. If a lamp is touched, clean it thoroughly with denatured alcohol. The bulb is part number 4014860.
5. Reinstall the sealing boot. Make sure it seals tightly around the bulb base and lens to prevent condensation.
6. Reinstall the front nacelle headlight shroud.
7. Tighten the two top bolts. Torque to 36 in-lbs (4 Nm).
8. Tighten the four rear bolts. Torque to 84 in-lbs (9.5 Nm).
For more information, see your authorized Indian Motorcycle Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google Inc.
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Indian Motorcycle International, LLC
© 2022 Indian Motorcycle International, LLC