To update the software on Indian Motorcycle FTR 1200 models equipped with a 4.3-Inch Display with RIDE COMMAND, follow these steps.
Note: A 32 GB or larger USB is required to update your FTR 1200. FAT32 or exFAT® formats are supported.
1. Download the update from the RIDE COMMAND website. A wired internet connection is recommended, if available.
2. The downloaded file does not need to be opened or run on your computer. It only needs to be copied to a USB drive.
3. Save the update file to a removable USB drive.
4. Hook the bike up to a trickle charger before starting the download.
5. On model year 2020 and newer FTR bikes, disable the Automatic Display Power Down. Navigate to SETTINGS > VEHICLE > AUTOMATIC DISPLAY POWER DOWN and turn OFF.
6. Plug the USB drive into your vehicle's USB port and turn on the display.
7. Push the APP TRAY hard button in the middle of the left side of the screen. Then press SETTINGS.
8. Press GENERAL, the second tab from the left.
9. Scroll down to UPDATE SOFTWARE.
10. Select the file you want to install. "Newest" will be automatically displayed next to the newest version detected on the USB drive.
11. The display will reboot and install the software.
exFAT® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation