To remove the seat on your Indian Motorcycle FTR 1200 or FTR 1200 S:
1. Remove the passenger grab handle fasteners (1) with a T40 TORX® socket and remove the grab handles (2).
2. Remove the seat fasteners (3) with a 6mm Allen socket.
3. Lift up on the rear of the seat and pull rearward to disengage the front of the seat from the frame.
To reinstall the seat:
1. Identify the two tabs located on the underside of the seat.
2. Slide the tabs shown above beneath the support bracket and into the front mounting bracket. Pull up on the rear of the seat prior to installing the fasteners to ensure front tab engagement.
3. Secure the rear of the seat with the two fastener screws. Torque the fasteners to 84 in-lbs (9.5 Nm).
4. Reinstall the two passenger grab handles with two screws per handle. Torque to 19 ft-lbs (26 Nm).
For more information about your motorcycle, consult your Owner's Manual.
For more seat options, view the full line of accessory Indian Motorcycle seats.
To find replacement parts, view the online parts catalog.
TORX® is a registered trademark of Acument Intellectual Properties, LLC