The battery life of your Indian Motorcycle Key Fob is approximately 1-2 years. This depends on fob type and usage patterns. A battery change is recommended yearly. The battery life of a Multi-Function (Two-Button) Key Fob will decrease with frequent use of the lock/unlock buttons.
Indicators of a low battery on your fob are:
- Decreased fob authentication range (which is usually within 3 feet of the motorcycle)
- Your horn honking 5 seconds after startup
- The Security Light staying illuminated for up to 20 seconds
- Both the Battery Light and the Security Light illuminating
Your Key Fob’s performance can be affected by the following:
- A close proximity to ferrous materials like a money clip or pocket knife
- The Key Fob being stuck to a saddlebag speaker magnet
- The Key Fob being held in a ferrous container like a metal cup holder or glasses case
- Cold temperatures — the Key Fob should be kept in temperatures above 45 degrees Fahrenheit (7 C)
You will NOT need to re-sync your Key Fob to your motorcycle after changing the battery. Re-syncing your Key Fob only can be done by an Indian Motorcycle Dealer.
The Indian Motorcycle Key Fob battery is part number 4014675, a 3-volt CR2032 battery.
To change the battery, remove the Phillips-head screw from the fob and then separate the two halves with a straight blade screwdriver.
More information on starting your motorcycle can be found by reading Keyless Ignition Operation.
See your Owner’s Manual for more on the operation of your Key Fob.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
To find an Indian Motorcycle Dealer near you, use the Dealer Locator.