To update the software on 2019-2022 FTR models equipped with the 4.3" Touchscreen Display powered by RIDE COMMAND, follow these steps.
Note: A 32 GB or larger USB is required to update your FTR. FAT32 or exFAT® formats are supported. For step-by-step instructions on formatting the drive, read the Formatting a USB to FAT32 or exFAT® article.
1. Download the update from the RIDE COMMAND website. A wired internet connection is recommended, if available.
2. The downloaded file does not need to be opened or run on your computer. It only needs to be copied to a USB drive.
3. Save the update file to a removable USB drive.
4. Hook the bike up to a trickle charger before starting the download.
5. Disable the Automatic Display Power Down. Navigate to SETTINGS > VEHICLE > AUTOMATIC DISPLAY POWER DOWN and turn OFF. Note: If the display powers down while attempting to update the software, you have to restart the update process on the bike. This setting will revert to default when you turn the motorcycle off.
6. Plug the USB drive into your vehicle's USB port and turn on the display.
7. Push the APP TRAY hard button in the middle of the left side of the screen. Then press SETTINGS.
8. Press GENERAL, the second tab from the left.
9. Scroll down to UPDATE SOFTWARE.
10. Select the file you want to install. "Newest" will be automatically displayed next to the newest version detected on the USB drive.
11. The display will reboot and install the software.
More information about RIDE COMMAND can be found in the Owner's Manual for your vehicle.
Visit the RIDE COMMAND website to create an account and update software/maps.
Not sure what you need? Check out the Guide to Indian Motorcycle Displays Powered by RIDE COMMAND.
exFAT® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Indian Motorcycle International, LLC
© 2022 Indian Motorcycle International, LLC